2019 Vets' Playing Rules
2019 WINGHAM LOCAL VET RULE REMINDERS :
1. STARTING YOUR ROUND OF GOLF FROM THE 6TH TEE:
Asking groups to start their game from the 6thTee is designed to help us finish our competition event as soon as possible, but for this to work it requires the co-operation of our members.
Rules for members to help make this a success:
Groups teeing off from the 6th, must NOT do so if a group is approaching the 5th green, but may follow them if no other groups are approaching the 5th green.
Maximum of 4 groups only to tee off from 6th tee.
Groups from the 6th tee, upon reaching the 10th tee, should be allowed to follow any group already on the 1st tee.
Groups still waiting to tee off from the 1st, will follow the 6th tee groups alternatively.
Members should use common sense, patience and courtesy at all times.
2. BALL MOVEMENT DURING A COMPETITION EVENT:
WGC Local rule applies. Check notice board before tee off.
Usually, 30cm on all fairways only, no closer to the pin.
No movement allowed off fairways, other than unplayable lies and hazards with a penalty; GUR, staked trees, man made objects & pathways with no penalty.
Balls must be played as they lie off dirt patches , unless on a fairway where 30cm rule applies. However Local Rules may vary throughout the year. Presently, a ball may be relieved of stoney ground through the green with no penalty.
Tees or lifting grass as an artificial tee, on or off fairways, is NOT allowed. Penalty applies.
ANY BALL MOVEMENT OTHER THAN WITHIN THE RULES (AS STATED ABOVE ) WILL INCUR A PENALTY. CONTINUED INFRINGEMENT AN OFFICIAL WARNING AND FURTHER PENALTIES.
3. RAKING OUT SAND BUNKERS AFTER USE:
All bunkers must be raked out after use, and the rake placed back in the provided holder.
4. HOLES 14, 8 & 17 (OBE’s, 36+ handicappers & players with HANDICAP + AGE = 95+) :
MAY hit off from LADIES EQUIVALENT TEES on Holes 8 & 17; & the MEN's 5th WHITE tee on 14..
5. ANY PLAYER HITTING THE LADIES METAL HAND RAIL ON HOLES 4 & 13, MAY HAVE A
SECOND TEE SHOT, NO PENALTY.
6. HOLES 8 & 17 ‘ DROP ZONE ‘ NOW APPLIES:
ANY PLAYER hitting a ball into the dam MAY:
Either 1. Hit their 3rd shot from the original tee,
Or 2. Hit their 3rd shot form the ‘DROP ZONE’ ( between the markers on the LADIES EQUIVALENT TEE, with the ball dropped from shoulder height and hit as it lays )
7. CART SIGNS ( ONLY IF PLACED ON THE FAIRWAY ) interfering with your shot to the pin. You may move your ball to obtain clear line NO PENALTY. Cart signs not moved.
8. FOR A MEMBER TO QUALIFY FOR THE VETERANS' CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS they must play a minimum 6 competition rounds prior and in the same year of this event.
9. VETS TEMPORARY DROUGHT RULES ( Aimed at protecting the remaining grass roots ):
All players MUST hit their ball off a mat ( provided by them OR use a freely provided club mat )
Simply lift ball where it lies, place mat & return ball 'in the general area' on mat. This applies through the green
Putters may be used on the fringe of a green without the use of a mat.
All carts MUST stay off fairways, BUT may cross a fairway to play their ball using the ' 90 degree rule' ONLY.
Members should understand that these rules are designed to allow every player to compete on a level playing field, without any person/s gaining an unfair advantage. Enjoy a friendly, honest game with your mates !
By order Wingham Vet Committee (Last Amended 30/9/19)